Terms of Registration & Code of Conduct
These Oculus Connect Terms of Registration and Code of Conduct (collectively, “Event Terms”) govern your attendance and participation in the Oculus Connect 6 events, communications, activities and parties (collectively, “Oculus Connect”). As used throughout these Event Terms, “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Oculus” refer to Facebook Technologies, LLC. If, after reading these Event Terms, you find that you cannot or will not agree to any terms or conditions within it, please do not apply for, RSVP for, or attend Oculus Connect. If you do apply for, RSVP for, or attend Oculus Connect, then you are representing that you have read, understand, and agree to these Event Terms:
Terms of Registration
- Each individual may purchase only one (1) ticket except if a parent or legal guardian is purchasing tickets for their minor children. Tickets for Oculus Connect are for the full two (2)-day conference. There are no single-day tickets available. All sales are final.
- Oculus Connect tickets must be used by the original registrant and are non-transferable. Please make sure to register using the name that matches the photo ID (e.g., government-issued photo ID, licenses, passports) you plan to use to check-in at the event. Your photo ID will be checked prior to delivery of your Oculus Connect badge. If you don’t have proper photo identification, you may be refused admission to the Event and you will not receive a refund.
- Tickets may not be sold, bartered, auctioned or transferred without the prior written consent of Oculus. Doing so may result in Oculus rendering the ticket null and void without any Oculus responsibility or liability.
- By registering and accepting any discounts, gifts, or items of value related to Oculus Connect, you certify that you are able to do so in compliance with the policies/rules of your organization as well as all applicable laws, rules, policies, regulations (including tax obligations, if any) related to the receipt of discounted or free items. Additional terms, conditions, eligibility requirements, and restrictions may apply on discounts, gifts, or items of value related to Oculus Connect.
- Attendees must be at least 15 years of age to attend Oculus Connect. 15, 16, and 17-year-old attendees must have an adult to accompany them. Oculus will not offer free chaperone tickets for 15, 16, and 17-year-old attendees and thus the supervising adult must purchase their own Oculus Connect admission ticket. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 15 AND THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE, YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING OCULUS CONNECT WITH THE SUPERVISION OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE EVENT TERMS. MAKE SURE TO REVIEW THESE EVENT TERMS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN SO THAT YOU BOTH UNDERSTAND ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
- Attendees are not permitted to bring guests to Oculus Connect or to any ancillary events. If you have someone traveling with you, they will need to register themselves and purchase an attendee ticket.
- Photographs, audio/visual and/or video recordings taken at Oculus Connect by Oculus, or others on behalf of Oculus, may include your image or likeness. You agree that Oculus may use such photographs and/or recordings for any purpose and in any and all media, mediums and manners, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without compensation to you and without any further approval from you. In addition, if you take any photographs or recordings at Oculus Connect and provide them to us or post them on social media, you authorize us to use them in the same fashion, and you represent that the attendees that appear in your photographs and recordings have also consented to such use.
- There is no solicitation or selling of items or services allowed at Oculus Connect. Any attendee conducting these activities may be removed from the conference without warning.
- Oculus Connect badges may contain NFC, BLE, or other RFID technologies to help us serve attendees and determine participation in various sessions and activities. You consent to us collecting information through these technologies.
- Attendance at Oculus Connect is not allowed by the following: residents of embargoed countries, individuals ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or individuals otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs.
Assumption of Risk/Release of Liability/Indemnity
- Health and Safety. You understand that there are known and unknown risks of personal injury, death, sickness, and property damage associated with use of virtual or augmented reality products. We will be providing product demos at Oculus Connect, and if you plan to participate in any demo you should read and understand the Health & Safety Warning at www.oculus.com/warnings and https://portal.facebook.com/legal/safety/.
- Although we try to create a safe environment at Oculus Connect, accidents or other bad things happen, even to good people. We ask that you do your part to help limit the possibility that you might get injured or suffer property damage/loss at Oculus Connect. You agree to carefully consider the inherent risks in any activities that you choose to take part in and to take reasonable precautions before you choose to attend or participate in Oculus Connect. For example, you should ensure that you are in good physical health and your judgment is not impaired before engaging in any physical activity, and you should always drink responsibly given the risks associated with alcohol, drunk driving, or participating in activities while your judgment is impaired. Also, please keep in mind that some of the other Oculus Connect guests may be less responsible than you are and may themselves create additional risk to you despite their best intentions. In sum, you understand that your attendance and participation at Oculus Connect is voluntary, and you agree to assume responsibility for any resulting injuries to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
- Release of Liability. You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, or assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf), hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Oculus and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees, contractors, vendors, sponsors, and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, losses or expenses (including court costs, and reasonable attorneys’ fees), known or unknown, which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to your attendance or participation in Oculus Connect, except, of course, for any gross negligence or willful misconduct on our part. You understand that this means that you are waiving, releasing, and discharging all unknown and unsuspected claims, even those that if known would have caused you to not attend or participate in Oculus Connect. You waive all rights and benefits under California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
- Indemnity. By the same token, you agree to indemnify and hold Oculus, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents and representatives harmless, from any claim or demand made by any person or entity due to, related to, or connected with your attendance, participation in, or conduct at Oculus Connect, including costs, liabilities, and legal fees.
Code of Conduct
OCULUS CONNECT COMMUNITY GUIDELINES & ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
We want Oculus Connect to be a respectful and safe environment where participants can be their authentic selves, so we expect all participants to treat each other with tolerance and civility.
Healthy debate is encouraged. Being disrespectful isn't.
Oculus Connect will not allow harassment or any mistreatment of others at the conference on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, color, religious affiliation, age, physical appearance, diseases or disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity or expression. We will not allow sexually explicit, abusive or obscene content or the promotion of real-world violence or illegal activity.
Here are a few examples of conduct that is not ok:
- Derogatory or insensitive jokes, pranks, or comments
- Slurs or epithets
- Violence or threats of violence
- Unwelcome sexual advances or invitations
- Leering or offensive gestures, or unwelcome touching
- Ridiculing or demeaning comments
- Harassing photography or recording
- Heckling, or disrupting speakers
- Displaying or sharing images that are derogatory or sexually-oriented
- Making offensive comments about people's bodies or appearance
This is not a full list of unacceptable conduct. Use your best judgment and be respectful. Please feel free to intervene and politely stop bad behavior or report any concerning behavior to security, email@example.com or any Oculus Connect organizer. The Oculus team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of the staff.
- Refusal of Admittance/Termination. While we hope not to, Oculus may refuse your admittance or terminate your participation at Oculus Connect at any time in its sole discretion if you fail to abide by these Event Terms or for any or no reason, without notice or liability of any kind. In the event of any such refusal or termination, these Event Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Choice of Law and Venue. California law will govern these Event Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and Oculus (a “Claim”), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.
- Miscellaneous. You agree that you will not represent yourself as an employee, representative, or agent of Oculus (unless, of course, you are actually employed by Oculus, in which case these Event Terms will govern your participation in Oculus Connect to the extent such Event Terms are not inconsistent with your employment agreement or applicable policies). We reserve the right to cancel or change Oculus Connect at any time, for any reason, and without liability or prejudice. Any failure on Oculus’ part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Event Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Event Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Event Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.